The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! Psalm 126:3



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Eli's G-Tube Surgery

So, our sweet little Eli had another surgery this past Monday 11/1/10. I think that brings him to a grand total of 6 for his little 9 month life. This time it was to have a G-tube placed, and a Nissen fundoplication. (Feel free to just Google that if you are curious as to what in the world I'm talking about.)
I just love him so much.
I seem to never be able to keep up with blogging. Sometimes I don't really even bother because I feel like I have to type a 4 page report to catch up and explain what we've been going through... But I know all anyone really wants is pictures anyway...
So...here are some pics of our 5 day stay at the fabulous Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. Once again, we are so pleased with the fabulous team of people who cared for us. And, of course, God held us all right in his hands, and we all made it through another day.
Honestly, we are pretty overwhelmed with this new g-tube way of life, but we are taking it one day (or one feed) at a time and trusting in our God. He's gotten us all this far :).

Chris and Eli before surgery:


Bekah and Eli before surgery:


Eli in his hospital pajamas:



Eli recovering from surgery:


DiDi and Isaac in the waiting room:


Eli- Please show Mommy your smile!


Isaac, wanting Eli to feel better and play:


Hanging out with my little sweetie:


Hanging out with my boys:

2 comments:

  1. First of all, so happy for new blog post! Second of all, loved all of the photos! Third of all, you will come to love his gtube with time as you see it help his little lungs.

    It was great to see you all again. Your little family has made a big impression on our NICU family and we are so happy to see you all doing so well.

    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a very good friend of Scarlett's, have heard alot about little Eli over the last months, and am twin mommy myself! I clicked on your blog after reading Scarlett's post about Eli. I am so happy to see him growing and doing well. Being a twin mommy is trying, rewarding and everything in between. So happy for your family!

    Courtney www.nashtwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete