The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! Psalm 126:3



Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

So I realize this post could be viewed as being a little late, since Thanksgiving has passed... and that some of you might have been expecting a big "WE ARE SO THANKFUL THIS YEAR" post from me... because obviously, we have A LOT to be thankful for.

Of course I thought a lot about doing a post about being thankful right before, or on, Thanksgiving Day... but really, every time I sat down to do it (and even now) it just overwhelmed me. How could I possibly put into words how thankful I am right now? I am literally overwhelmed and humbled with thankfulness, because of all the ways people have blessed us this year. Honestly, everyday, I look at my boys many, many times a day and think to myself, "I am so blessed." I hope that never fades.

It was last Thanksgiving that we surprised our families with little 2-layered cakes... the color of each layer representing the sex of each twin. It was so fun to make each family member write down their prediction, and then see their reactions to 2 BLUE layers in the cake :). Pictured here are the guesses from Chris' family:

Thinking back to that time in life, we were so excited about having twins, and twin boys at that! Chris and I would have truly been so happy with whatever God blessed us with... but truth be told, we both wanted boys :). (Now we both want some girls to add to the mix... eventually... NO time soon...)

This time last year, was just before all the scares with "Baby B" (Eli) started happening. We had NO CLUE the journey we were about to find ourselves on. NO CLUE. Our biggest worry was just, "How in the world are we going to afford 2 of everything?" (Family, friends, church family took care of that worry... we have enough stuff as if we'd had 4 boys! I love how the Lord uses people's generous hearts to provide for us and help us feel loved.)

Just a few weeks later, we really started to know what real worries are all about. And those days and nights of worry and fear drug on for about 6 months. Not to say that they are totally over now. But I am so thankful to say that I think "the worst is over." I actually took the boys to a nursing home in Huntsville, AL, to meet their great-grandma for the 1st time the day before Thanksgiving; and a very sweet woman who had to be all of 90 yrs old, or more, who was a resident at the home, wheeled over to see the boys. After seeing them and hearing about their story, she said, "We'll honey, the worst is over," as she wheeled away. I really hope that was God speaking through her to tell me that...

So to be brief (which I'm not good at), I am just thankful for making it through the last year. I am thankful my boys are alive. The phrase, "I'm just happy to be here..." pretty much sums us up. I am thankful I married someone who loves me and those boys more than anything in the world and is happy to go through everyday life with me- he is SUCH a good Daddy! I am thankful I have parents who are thrilled about being grandparents, and are constantly showing their love to me, Chris, and the boys. I am thankful for a very special group of doctor's and nurses who took us by the hand and guided us through 5 very long months of the NICU world. And mostly, I am thankful for my relationship with my God who proves to me to over and over that I am not alone, that He is with me always, and provides for my every need.

Enjoy the pictures of my 3 favorite boys from our family Thanksgiving celebrations:



And remember you don't just have to wait for Thanksgiving to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment