The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! Psalm 126:3



Saturday, September 4, 2010

Uh, Recap...

Ok, so there's no way I could really recap the time between the day we found out Eli was sick in the womb and the next 5 months while they lived in the NICU. I REALLY wish I had blogged, journaled, or something during that time... but I just didn't have the energy. (During that time, I was impressed with myself when I showered and remembered to eat.)

But I can say this: That time was FILLED with prayers for us and our boys. I found a file on my computer a few days ago that had 26 pages of prayers that people had sent to us. And that's just what we got through emails. Doesn't count all the cards we got in the mail during that time. (A day hardly went by that we didn't have a card in our mailbox from someone who was praying for us!) But, back to the file on my computer... Every time someone would email me to say they were praying for us and the boys, I would copy and paste it into a Word document. By the end of the first month, it was 26 pages long! And I had numerous emails from people we didn't know, and had no clue how they knew us!

That is just amazing. I was so blessed going back through the prayers and seeing how God carried us through.

Some of the most powerful words to me during that time were this: "You are not alone."

When going through a hard time in life (not just having sick babies, but it could be any type of difficult trial...) it is so easy to feel alone. But God is always with us, through anything, and that's what this friend was reminding me of. "You are not alone." Hebrews 13:5 - "...God has said, Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

I reminded myself of that daily during the boys' time in the NICU, and I still do now.

I am so thankful for people who took time to send us special prayers through email. If you are someone who did, thank you! It taught me to do the same thing- even if it's a stranger. Sometimes you hesitate, thinking, "Well, maybe they will think it's weird..." But I can attest to the fact that it brought only encouragement and hope to us in a very hard time.

Know someone going through a hard time? Go do something to encourage them!

1 comment:

  1. so happy to find you have blog! can't wait to read more:) I can't wait to see Eli and Isaac's sweet faces again!

    ~Scarlett

    ReplyDelete