The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! Psalm 126:3



Saturday, June 12, 2010

WHAT? We are having TWINS?!?!

So October 1st (I think) we went to the doctor for our first ultrasound. At this point, no one but my parents even know we are pregnant, and I am very much still in a state of disbelief. I was thinking once I saw with my own eyes on the ultrasound that I was in fact pregnant, maybe then it would start to become real and sink in. Chris and I were both nervous but really excited about this day, and seeing our baby.

In the ultrasound room, the tech instructs me to go into the connected bathroom and put on a gown. While in the bathroom, I could hear she and Chris talking, but couldn't really tell what they were talking about. When I came out, Chris said, "Hey, Bek, she was saying the last couple that was in here just found out they were having twin girls."
Me: "Really, wow, I can't imagine..."

So I get up on the table, and almost immediately, she says, "Hm, oh, okay..." These are not the most reassuring words to come out of the person's mouth who's looking around in your uterus to see if you are pregnant.
Me: "What is it?"
Tech: "Well, here's your baby... and..."
Me and Chris (both staring at screen): "Oh, wow! Look! That's so cool!"
Tech: "And... here is your other baby..."
Me and Chris: "What?!?! Huh?!?!"
Tech: "Yep, how do you guys feel about twins? ...Cause you are having them, too!"
Me: "What? Me? Me? What? I am having twins? What? We are having TWINS?!?!"
Chris (with both hands on head in disbelief): "What? No way! Are you serious? We are having TWINS?!?!"

This was followed by LOTS of laughter (I guess that's what we do when we are nervous and don't know what else to do...), smiles, and excitement!

So instead of seeing one baby, and it sinking in that we are in fact pregnant... We found out it was TWO babies and were in TOTAL shock! It was so awesome :).

1 comment:

  1. Funny! That is the reaction my husband and I had to twins. I laughed while he was silent. I went and got dressed by myself (and thought) and came back to my husband laughing while I was silent. An unforgettable day!

    ReplyDelete