The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy! Psalm 126:3



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Boys' 1st Christmas

We had a great first Christmas with the boys, of course!  We spent Christmas Eve with my family and stayed the night at my parents' house.  Then woke up and went to Murfreesboro to be with Chris' family on Christmas Day.  Sadly, we didn't get to take the boys with us to Chris' family gathering, because they were both seeming "under-the-weather" with a cold we'd all passed around to each other that week.  So they spent the day with "Didi and Poppo" and Chris and I went to the Gannon Family Christmas sans twins :(.

Despite our attempts to tell family to not buy the boys anything because they are too young to even understand the concept of gifts and holidays anyway... they received piles of toys and clothes!

I am learning that I'm not such a great photographer in the sense that I don't do well with actually taking pictures...  I want to really be in the moment and see with my own eyes, not through the camera.  And I want to hold, and tickle, and play with my boys... not have my hands occupied with a camera.  But, then when I go back and look through my pictures a few days later, I'm always upset I didn't take more.  I just need a personal photographer to accompany us at special occasions...  But anyway, I did manage to get a few pics, which I will of course share with you below, so you can share in some of our excitement. 

Poppo reading Charlie Brown's Christmas to Isaac:


My brother bought the boys stuffed rats from IKEA.  Gross!  But the boys loved them of course! 
Eli going through his stocking, showing you his new Snoopy plate...


Eli with his laughing monkey from Poppo:

Eli and Charlie Brown...  (By now you've probably figured out we had a thing for the Peanuts this Christmas... We can't help it... Our sweet little Eli kinda looks like Charlie Brown to us!  But I don't think Charlie Brown ever had a cool blue helmet...)


Eli and Poppo...  Opening so many presents can make a little guy sleepy!


 Didi and Cowboy Isaac...

Boys and some of their STUFF!  Oh my!


Isaac, ready for Christmas Eve dinner...


Isaac loved his new Santa cup!  He was just wondering where the milk was...


"Ralphie!"  We heard many times this Christmas season how much Isaac looks like Ralphie from A Christmas Story.  We couldn't resist putting some of Poppo's glasses on him for a picture!  Too funny!  Here he is eating one of the wise men from the Fisher Price Nativity sceen my mom bought them...

We hope each of you had a wonderful holiday season as well!  Now I'm off to clean out their closet to make room for the new stuff... and find a new, bigger toy box to hold all their new toys!  (And their 1st Birthday is just around the corner!  OH MY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment